Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Heat Wave!

Today was a most unusual and extremely tiring day. Started off when I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and found that the electricity had played truant at 1am. And unfortunately there was no sign of it at all. I spent a sleepless night and found the morning equally hot and humid. There was no sign of the electricity yet.

I iron my clothes in the morning prior to setting out for work. Unfortunately, I had to make do with a suit which was the least crumpled, that too when I had an induction presentation scheduled today! I left early hoping to get into the cool confines of the office. I boarded my regular auto, and barely had the vehicle moved a couple of minutes, when I observed a huge traffic jam ahead of me. Devoid of sleep, and the heat making me dizzy, I hoped that this would clear out especially as I had loads of work to get through. But to my misfortune, the same route that generally took me 15 mins to cover, took me an hour and a half!

By the time I got to office, I was ready to crash, eyes burning, drenched in sweat, I was half in a mind to go back home. But then I had reports to send and had to rush to the other side of town (where our other office is based) for the induction. So off I plodded in the blazing afternoon. Once I was through with the Induction, headed off to the gym. The heat didnt seem to let up coz within minutes of exercising, I had rivulets streaming down my back and face. Just didnt seem to be my day.

Got home and jumped into the bath, only to find that the minute I was out, it was still hot! Either today was a really HOT day or just not my day. Anyway heading off to sleep now, and praying hard that the electricity doesnt play truant again. I'm sure if it does, I will melt and there'll be nothing left of me!

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Miss Frangipani said...

You're very welcome to spend some 'cool' days with us in the UK. Spring is officially on, though the sweaters are not yet off. The English are so funny - a hint of sunshine and the shorts, t-shirts and sandals will come on display, even though it will 100% turn cloudy and rain within the next 20 minutes! It's a good time to be away from the Indian summer though. If you're passing my way, don't forget the mangoes :)

PS: Heard from Ms Vagrant recently? She seems to have disappeared. Hope all is well with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home