Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Dreary start to a day

I woke up this morning in a dismal mood. To my surprise I heard the sound of thunder and on looking out of the window saw that it was raining. The sky was overcast and gloomy. It made me all the more morose. It hadnt rained for a couple of weeks and seeing it rain continuously was not a welcome thought.

The rain abated in a while but the gloomy weather didn’t go away. It was cool for a change and I decided to go for a walk. Everything looked clean and spruced up outside. It wasn’t crowded as it often is and it was good to just saunter by and look around. On my way back it began to drizzle a bit but I didn’t open my umbrella and walked on home.

It is noon now and the clouds have begun to clash against each other again at a higher frequency. It’s raining and it looks like the gloom is not going to lift up. Gosh, my spirits need some uplifting.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Miss Frangipani said...

Feeling gloomy here myself. Must be the weather, I think - can't think of what else (or who else!) to blame :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home