Sunday, June 05, 2005

Monsters Inc.

The few vacations that I take are spent with my elder sis who's based in Dubai. And when there I spend time with my adorable niece and nephew watching animation movies. I guess that's where I must have developed a love for animation movies. In fact my collection of movies is as impressive as theirs :)

My favorite one happens to be "Monsters Inc." This is one movie that I love. I happened to be in one of my down moods and needed cheering up. So out came Monsters Inc which didnt fail to bring out a chuckle from me.

What is it that I find so endearing in this movie. Is it the simplicity? The fantasy of a world of monsters? Or the innocence of the little child? The relationship that the toddler shares with 'Sulley'- supposedly the scariest monster in the movie is unique and one of its kind.

The movie is worth watching just to see the lumbering, loveable Sulley and the wise-cracking Mike Wazowski. Sulley and Mike work at Monsters, Inc; the biggest scream processing plant in Monstropolis, but when one little child wanders into their world, it's the monsters who are scared silly. Thinking she is dangerous and toxic, Sulley and Mike do their best to return her to her bedroom. And it's here where the interplay between Sulley and the toddler come into play.

This is one movie I never tire watching!

1 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precisely why you have not as yet grown up. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home