Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What I am reading…

Today I have a work off due to Diwali. Most others I know are enjoying a 3 to 4 day holiday session on account of Diwali, lucky them!

Having had a restful and relaxed Saturday and Sunday, getting one more day off in the week is still a bonus! And with my neck pain having eased off quite a bit, I am making the most of the time I have, with one of my favourite pastimes – Reading!

I have already managed to devour two books in the last couple of weeks. ‘The Great Exotic novels and short stories of Somerset Maugham’ by W Somerset Maugham and ‘The World’s Greatest Short Stories’ published by Jaico Books.

‘Leiningen versus the ants’ is one of my favorites in the ‘Greatest Short Stories’ book. ‘The Painted Veil’ and ‘The Magician’ from the Somerset Maugham stories is worth a read. However I thoroughly enjoyed ‘The World’s Greatest Short Stories’.

On the recommendation of a colleague, I am now reading ‘Life of Pi’ by Yann Martel – Winner of the Man Booker Prize 2002.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home