Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sparky

I got back home at 10 pm. I had barely entered the building gate when something jumped on me. It was dark and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Suddenly I made out Sparky romping about in joy. Sparky being jet black I obviously had not been able to make him out in the dark and I had not seen him for near about a month so I had not been expecting him.

I had been occupied the last couple of weeks and had not bothered to go over and check out how he was doing. Sparky followed me home. As it was already late, I didn’t allow him in and locked the door. When I peeked out after a couple of minutes, he was still there patiently waiting. I gave in. I took a handful of biscuits, went out and fed him, then took him downstairs hoping he’d go home.

He dutifully went across and climbed up the stairs. I watched his progress to make sure he got home. However he turned, seeing I was not following he started to whine. As I still didn’t follow, he back tracked and came back to me whining. I couldn’t figure out why he was whining and decided to take him home myself.

On the way up, I couldn’t help but smile seeing how Sparky kept looking back to see if I was indeed following him. On reaching his floor, he sat down by his door and I rang the bell. There was no response for sometime. Then I realized perhaps they were not at home, I rang again and aunt opened the door sleepily.
That’s when I realized, that the occupants of the house had gone to sleep and poor Sparky was locked out. He may have gone up a couple of times, but obviously his scratching the door was not enough to wake them up. And obviously when he saw me, he knew I’d do a better job at knocking!

The ingenuity of the animal is indeed amazing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home