Thursday, January 20, 2005

My lil visitor

Yesterday morning, I found my auto driver who was waiting to take me to work, chasing away 2 dogs. One of them was a stray and the other "Sparky" my neighbour's dog. Wondering what had come over him, on investigating, found hm trying to keep away the dogs from a baby pigeon which may have fallen from its nest. Dont know how it got there, but it was bitten real bad and the dogs adding to the chaos. To my utter surprise, except for my auto driver who was too frightened to pull the dogs away, the others were just standing and watching (could have really throttled them). Managed to chase away the stray. The bird had chosen a bush to hide in & Sparky, who's a 1 year old, not realising that the bird was not in the mood for playing kept tryin to nudge it with his mouth scaring the wits out of it. Somehow managed to haul Sparky away from the bird (luckily for me didnt get bitten in the process) and as everyone refused to do anythin abt the bird, whisked it home for first aid and askd mom to babysit.
When I got back home, fearing the worst, I wz pleasantly surprised to see it alive. Tucked my new pet in for the night in the balcony, happy with myself.
Alas when i got back today I found it missing and got to knw that it passed away albiet peacefully.
To my amazement, when mom woke up in the morning, she found the bird had toddled over to my bed (perhaps to say its last goodbye), i wonder how it managed to do that, coz its back/feet had been badly bitten, mom put it back in its box, where it slept and didnt wake up at all. Good bye lil one. I lost you even before I found you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I woke up at 4 am, gosh, poor me.. had no choice as had to catch the 5.40 am flight to Gujarat. Had the option of leaving last evening, but had loads of work to do yesterday, hence had to wake up at an unearthly hour today. Was an exacting day, fortunately the presentation that I'd been sloggin over last evenin went well today. Ended up with a throbbing headache tho, thanks to my return flight being delayed by an hour.
Gosh, am I exhausted ! n sleepy ! Yawn !!! Nighty nite!

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Astha N said...

Hey Boo!
Nahi yaar..not naraaz. Just really busy with school...no time to blog these days. Well, I don't see how we'll ever meet, even if you're coming to Canada next year. The thing is, I won't be in Canada next year. Don't know where I'm headed. Yes, I'd like to believe that destiny might bring you, MW, and me together one day. But I have to be realistic...what are the chances? And no, don't take me too seriously. I'm not angry with anyone just 'cause they can't come over for coffee. Hehe :)
You're right...change is constant. There's nothing really I can do about it, except accepting it. You're lucky your friends keep in touch even when half a world away.
As for tips on life in Canada, I'll email you as soon as I've put my thoughts together.
Awww, that poor little bird. You did the right thing. These days, people don't take care of human beings, let alone birds and animals.
Hmmm. Really gotta find time to write a few posts on my blog now. A lot has been happening. A lot that's worth writing about. Give me some of your spare time naa Boo...:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home