Sunday, November 13, 2005

Rajasthan in 2 days!

As a child, I barely moved out of Mumbai except to go to my native place – Mangalore. Hence I grew up with a dream that I’d one day travel around the world. I’d live my dream through books (guess that’s where I developed my love for reading), which would take me to various places, where I’d along with the said character in the book, would walk through the nuances of the place and through these formed my dream destinations – Jerusalem, Egypt, London and Rajasthan.

Jerusalem and Egypt seem a far cry at the moment. London may happen sometime. But surprisingly being in India, I still haven’t managed Rajasthan. I travel down to Delhi quite often on work but never could manage taking off to Rajasthan from there due to time constraints. Last time I resolved to make it, but managed to only visit Agra and see the Taj Mahal.

This time my Delhi meet is scheduled on a Thursday and Friday, thus giving me the weekend Sat-Sun for my Rajasthan Rendezvous. My colleague based at Bangalore who too is to attend this meet and I, have thus resolved to make it to Rajasthan this time to make up for the last missed opportunity.

So all agog with excitement, I am planning the trip, but can’t figure out how we’ll manage to fit it in 2 days. We have earmarked Jaipur, and are looking forward to visiting the Palaces, the villages, the flea market and all the quaint places. How we’ll travel, where we’ll put up are questions I am yet to figure out. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we manage it this time.

Rajasthan, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home